It was a Friday afternoon and I got a pleasant surprise when one of my school bestie’s gave me a call. She was in town and was planning to give me a visit. What more could I ask for… 🙂 🙂 My excitement knew no boundaries. After being in two different parts of the world for so long, we sure had tons of stories to share.
The very thought of those beautiful carefree days we spent together was enough to bring a big smile on my face. I decided to welcome her with a spl. treat, for she truly deserved one. And how so – by making her favourite dessert “Blondie”.
A Blondie aka blonde brownie is nothing but a brownie that is short of cocoa powder. Remove the cocoa powder from a brownie and replace with white chocolate and you are gonna get a beautiful Blondie. Here what I have made is an Almond Blondie, just because I love Almonds. If I get a chance to incorporate Almonds into anything, I just go with it. It without doubt enhances the taste of a blonde brownie.
So guys, just give this yummy Almond Blondie a try and lemme know what you think about it. –
Almond Blondie recipe
Prep time: 15 mins.; Cooking time: 25 mins.
- All-purpose-flour – 100 gms
- Almond meal – 40 gms
- Butter – 110 gms
- Sugar – 180 gms
- Egg – 1 (Yolk)
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp.
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Salt – A pinch
- Choco chips – For garnish ( optional )
- Take butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Now add egg yolk, vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, salt and fold the dough.
- Add almond meal and fold to mix everything.
- Finally add yogurt to the batter and mix it to get a wet finish.
- Take a baking tray/tin and line with parchment paper.
- Spread the batter over the tray and garnish with chocolate chips.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175C for 25 mins./till a skewer inserted in the center of the Blondie comes out clean.
- Once done, keep aside till the Blondie cools completely before cutting into desired shapes.
- De Mould the Blondie only after its completely cool, else it’ll crumble on cutting.
1. Make a baking tin ready by lining with parchment paper and keep aside.(The parchment paper and wrapping paper by “Oddy” is very good. This is what I use. You can find the link to the product on Amazon in this page.)
2. Take soft butter in a bowl.
3. Add sugar and whisk.
4. Add egg yolk, vanilla essence and whip to combine.
5. Sieve in the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt to the batter and mix.
6. To this batter, add almond meal and fold.
7. Add yogurt and give a final fold.
8. Spread the batter on a lined baking tin/tray and garnish with Choco chips.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175C for 25 mins./till a skewer inserted in the centre of the Blondie comes out clean.
10. Cut into desired shapes and serve once completely cool.