My favourite time of the day is definitely the evening tea break. It has remained so since my school days. On the way back from school, would be excited to see what snack mom would’ve made. It is the same kinda excitement I feel when I think about any sweet treat.
This Almond Choco Chip Cookie is something that goes so well with a hot cup of tea. It is crunchy, at the same time buttery and melt in the mouth. Try out this yummy Cookie recipe, for its taste is surely going to linger on your taste buds for a really long time. –
Almond Choco Chip Cookie Recipe
Prep. time: 15 mins.; Cooking time: 15 mins.
- Butter – 150 gms
- Caster Sugar – 125 gms
- Almond meal – 100 gms *
- All-Purpose-Flour – 150 gms
- Egg – 1 (Yolk)
- Choco chips – 50 gms
- Baking Soda – A pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Take melted butter in a bowl.
- Add Caster sugar to the butter.
- Whisk the butter and sugar till creamy.
- Now lightly beat an egg yolk and add it to the butter-cream mix along with vanilla essence.
- Mix everything together.
- Add almond meal to the batter and fold well.
- Now add baking soda and flour to the mix and fold till the dough almost holds shape.
- Add Choco chips to the dough.
- If the dough feels sticky, you can refrigerate it for half an hour before baking.
- Now make small balls from the dough and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or an oiled tray.
- Bake at 180C for 15 mins.
- As in the case of cakes, rest these cookies till they cool down to room temperature.
- Serve the delicious Almond Choco Chip cookies with a hot cup of tea.
- Refrigeration of the dough gives the best result as the cookies yield better shape.
- Place the cookie balls well spaced on the baking tray, since they are at-least going to get triple in size.
- Give the Cookies enough resting time after baking, as this will ensure a crunchy crust.
1. Take melted butter in a bowl.
2. Add Caster sugar to the butter.
3. Whisk till creamy.
4. Add lightly beaten egg yolk and vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mix and whisk together.
5. Add almond meal, baking soda and flour to the above mix and fold well.
6. Add Choco chips and give a final fold.
7. Make balls from the dough and lay on a lined baking tray.
8. Bake at 180C for 15 mins. Rest the cookies for 15 mins. before serving. Serve these yummy Almond Choco Chip Cookies with hot cup of tea.