Our meal times have become very eventful these days with the youngest member of the family hopping from one person to the next hoping to get a taste of whatever is around.
My toddler who turned 1 yr. just couple of weeks back gets excited at every food item that she sees around. So I try out different food combinations these days to get her to like n understand flavours.
This is an easy to make munchie, that is wholesome n could be served as part of a meal or as a snack. It is best to give this to ur toddler the same day as it is made since banana is a major ingredient used.
I have made these 2ways. One plain batch n the other coated with cornflakes. If u have older kids, the latter might be more appetising for them.
So let’s c how to make these soft munchies.
Banana oat toddler munchies
(1 cup – 240 ml)
- Banana – 1
- Oat meal – 1/4 cup
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cornflakes – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder-1 pinch (optional)
- Take freshly grated coconut in a mixer jar along with sugar and pulse to a fine powder. Take care not to over grind the coconut into a paste.
- Take cornflakes n roughly crush with hands n keep aside.
- Now take a bowl, add mashed banana, pulsed coconut n oatmeal along with Cardamom (if using). Combine with a spoon.
- Make small roundles. Coat half of the roundles in the crushed Cornflakes n leave the remaining half plain. Arrange on a baking paper lined tray n bake at 180C for 10-15 mins. till the munchies feel slightly stiff to touch. Serve immediately.