Besan (Gram flour) is one of the most versatile ingredients that fits easily both in the sweet as well as savoury world. Right from yummy bhajjis to delectable Mysore pak, this is a magical ingredient that overpowers every other thing that goes into the dish.
Today it’s the recipe for Besan barfi that I’m gonna share here. With very few raw materials, this is an easy dessert/snack option which could completely satisfy ur sweet craving n answer those hunger pangs.
So make the li’l ones at home super happy with this quick cook yummy n healthy besan barfi.
- Besan -200 gms.
- Ghee -190 ml.
- Semolina -80 gms.
- Powdered sugar -150 gms.
- Cardamom powder – To taste
- Almonds slivered – For garnish
- Take Ghee in a non stick pan.
- Slightly melt the ghee n add besan and semolina to it.
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients with the ghee and let it combine well.
- When the raw smell of Besan n semolina is no more, add powdered sugar n cardamom to this.
- Mix thoroughly n do not worry if it forms lumps.
- Transfer the Besan barfi to a greased square pan and even out to get a smooth finish.
- Spread the slivered almonds to give a finishing touch and lightly press the garnishings onto the surface of the barfi.
- Rest for a couple of hours till it slightly hardens, and then divide into even pieces.
- Store at room temperature.