My chocolate thoughts are beckoning me yet again and it’s time to bring in a chocolatey treat that could easily satisfy my craving. It had to be something that could be readily done without any hassles and well….I dint have to do a lot of research to land upon the recipe for this delectable sweet treat. N when I tried it, turned out to be an instant hit with everyone.
This is one of those easy recipes wherein you could actively involve your little ones, and enjoy seeing them happily do all the messy chocolate works without complaining. 😉
Put their creative minds to work by letting them make the desired shapes out of the chocolatey dough and have fun seeing them steal few bites and mouthfuls.
So have a yummy and fun filled chocolatey time with this Brigadeiro recipe.
Brigadeiro-Brazilian chocolate truffles recipe
Prep time: 10 mins., Cooking time: 10 mins.
Serves: 8 nos.
( Have taken 1 cup=240 ml.)
Condensed milk – 200 gms.
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp.
Chocolate sprinkles – For coating
* Take condensed milk in a bowl.
* Add cocoa powder and whisk to remove all the lumps in the mix.
* Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
* Add the cocoa-condensed milk concoction to the melted butter.
* Stir continuously to avoid the mix sticking to the base of the pan.
* Keep stirring till all the elements come together as a thick mass, appear glossy and doesn’t stick to the surface anymore.
* Transfer to a greased pan and cool to room temperature.
* Keep the sprinkles ready to coat the chocolate balls.
* Either grease your palms or apply water to avoid sticking of the balls.
* Make small roundels and roll them in sprinkles.
* Keep the brigadeiros refrigerated till the time to serve.
* Keep the pan on the lowest heat throughout the cooking time.
(Giving the pictorial representation of the steps without the write-up as the recipe is very easy to follow with just the pics.)