conocer gente a traves de internet This recipe takes me back to my school days when I happened to taste my first cashew macaroon. A dear friend of mine back from summer vacation had got a bunch of macaroons from her hometown. I loved these tiny shell shaped delights at the very first sight. And when I got to have them, it was just sheer delight. 🙂
http://halilbalim.com/?frimol=conocer-personas-mundial&757=07 When small, I always thought it was butter that formed the outer body of a macaroon imparting it that divine snowy appearance. 😀 And when I did get to know that it’s egg that takes the form of fluffy shells, it left me mesmerized; it was something that left me puzzled for a while. I couldn’t imagine how that could ever be possible until I saw my friend baking macaroons at her place. I was elated to see how something that looked so technically tough, be made so easily at home. 🙂
ioption bonus These are melt in the mouth crumbly treats that even to this day, I enjoy the very same way as I enjoyed the first time I had them. A little time and attention is all what macaroons require. So enjoy baking cashew macaroons with this simple recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins.; Cooking time: 60 mins.
Serves: 15 nos.
* Egg – 1 (white)
* Cashew powdered – 3/4th cup
* Caster sugar – 1 1/3rd cup
* Nutmeg- 1/4 tsp.
* Take the egg white in a bowl.
* Whip till it forms soft peaks.
* Add caster sugar and nutmeg at this point.
* Continue whipping till stiff peaks form.
* Now add cashew powder to the foamed egg white.
* Fold slowly to incorporate cashew powder completely into the egg white.
* Fill a piping bag with the macaroon dough.
* Pipe on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
* Bake in a pre-heated oven at 90C for 60 mins./ till the macaroons could be easily separated from the parchment paper.
* Keep aside till the cashew macaroons cool completely.
* Once it reaches room temperature, store in an airtight container.
* Every stage of making a macaroon is crucial. Both over whipping and under whipping could spoil the macaroon.
* Once the dough is ready, immediately transfer to the piping bag and on to the baking tray for baking.
* You could use cardamom in place of nutmeg. I prefer the woody flavour of nutmeg over cardamom.
source Recipe steps:
1. Ingredients at a glance.