here Cherries are not my favourite. For that matter I do not like any berries in particular mainly due to their striking sourness. But I love them when sweetened or when had as a juice or as an accompaniment to a dessert. It really goes well with a cheese cake I should say.
Have tried lots of no bake cheese cake recipes before. But today going to show you how to make a simple baked Cherry cheese cake recipe that is just yummmm –
Prep time: 15 mins.; Cooking time: 20 mins.;
Serves: 14 small cup cakes
- Digestive Biscuit – 6 nos.
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Sugar – 5 tbsp.
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp.
- Cream cheese – 5 tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Get a muffin tray ready for making the cheese cake.
- Crumb the biscuits into fine powder.
- Pour melted butter into the powdered biscuits and mix well.
- By now it should look like wet sand.
- Layer the base of the muffin cups with the biscuit sand and even out the surface.
- Keep it aside.
- Take sugar in a bowl and smear with lemon zest.
- In another mixing bowl add the cream cheese and whip till it gets smooth and creamy.
- To this add sugar-lemon mix and continue creaming.
- Now add egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add sour cream and whip till well combined. Do not over beat.
- Now scoop out small portions of the cream cheese batter on to the biscuit layer.
- Bake at 160C for 20 mins or till the centre looks well done.
- Set aside till it comes to room temperature.
- Now refrigerate at least for an hour or overnight.
- Apply a layer of Cherry jam on to the cheese cake surface and serve.
- Only the outermost yellow portion of the lemon skin should be taken for making the lemon zest. The inner skin-the white portion is bitter and will give a bitter taste to the cake if added.
- The top of the cheese cake will start sinking once it’s out of the oven. This is nothing to be worried about.
http://fbmedical.fr/aftepaes/1300 Recipe Steps:
1. Crumb the biscuits into fine powder.
2. Pour melted butter into the powdered biscuits and mix well thus forming biscuit sand.
3. Layer the base of the muffin cups with the biscuit sand and even out the surface.
4. In a small bowl take the sugar and smear well with the lemon zest.
5. In another bowl add the cream cheese and whip till it gets creamy.
6. Now add sugar, egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Add sour cream and whip till well combined.
8. Scoop out small portions of the cream cheese batter on to the biscuit layer.
9. Bake at 160 C for 20 mins or till the center looks well done. Set aside till it comes to room temperature and refrigerate for an hour/overnight.
10. Apply a layer of cherry jam on to the cheese cake surface and serve.