A Smoothie is nothing but a slightly tweaked version of a Milkshake. While a Smoothie has a higher concentration of the fruit/veggie, milkshake heroes the Milk/Ice-cream. This is a breakfast accompaniment that can gear up your energy levels for the entire day. Alternately on a busy day if you have no time for breakfast, a tall glass of Smoothie and you are good to go.
Since Chickoo is a sweet fruit, there is no added sugar in this recipe other than the honey. Trust me your little one is going to finish the entire drink in a gulp.
So here goes the fruity Smoothie recipe –
Chickoo Date Smoothie Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins.
- Chickoo – 8 Nos.
- Dates – 65 gms (Deseeded)
- Milk – 150 ml.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Deseed the Chickoos and put their pulp in the mixer.
- Add Dates, milk and honey to the Chickoo pulp.
- Blend till it becomes smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
1. A quick look at the ingredients required for the smoothie. (Oops! Honey missing in the pic.)
2. Put the Deseeded Chickoo in the mixer.
3. Add Dates, Milk and Honey to the Chickoo.
4. Blend till smooth and serve the Chickoo Date Smoothie immediately. Keep refrigerated if not serving immediately.
Chickoo Lassi is another drink that is yummy and as easy to make as the Smoothie. Plz. find the recipe steps below.
1. Deseed and put the Chickoo in the blender. I have taken 8 Chickoo.
2. Add 2tbsp yogurt to the Chickoo.
3. Add 2 tsp. sugar to this.
4. Blend without any lumps and serve the Chickoo Lassi as it is or chilled.