This is the recipe for a bread that has the moistness of a cake n can be packed and carried on a trip.
Unlike all my previous recipes, have given the measurements both in cups as well as grams. I would definitely recommend the usage of gram measurement as this would yield the perfect result.
Follow this recipe to the T for a lovely lite moist cake bread that u cannot stop having with a single slice.😉😉
(1 cup-250ml., 1 tsp.-5ml., 1 tbsp.-15 ml.)
- Unsalted butter – 184 gms.
- Cake flour- 1 1/4 cups (125 gms.)
- Eggs – 3
- Superfine sugar – 3/4 cup+2tbsp.(175 gms.)
- Cocoa powder unsweetened-3 tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp.(21 gms.)
- Boiling water – 3 tbsp.
- Vanilla – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Baking powder- 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Prepare a loaf tin by greasing and dusting with cocoa powder.
- Take cocoa powder in a mixing bowl, add boiling water and mix thoroughly. Keep this aside to cool completely.
- Sift all the dry ingredients ( Cake flour, sugar, baking powder, salt ) into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Whip up the butter to a creamy texture.
- Whisk the eggs along with vanilla extract and add to the cooled cocoa mixture. Whisk well to get a lumpfree concoction.
- Add half of this prepared cocoa-egg mix and whipped butter to the dry ingredients.
- Whip with an electric beater at the lowest speed for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining cocoa-egg mix. in 2 batches, beating for approx. 20 sec. after each addition.
- Once done, give a final fold with the spatula to incorporate any flour remaining in the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf tin and bake at 180C for 50-60 mins./ till the bread springs back to touch.
- To make cake flour, Take 1 cup maida remove 2 tbsp. maida from this n add 2 tbsp.corn flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Superfine sugar is roughly powdered sugar with a mix of fine and coarse crystals. Using Superfine sugar yields a spongier cake.
- Here’s how to get a split on the crust of the bread similar to the bread shown.- After about 20-25 mins. of baking when the bread is half baked, slowly make an incision with a buttered knife from the crust down to about 3inches. Once the bread is baked completely it will split along this incision. This step should be done fast as keeping the oven door open for a long time inbw baking will weaken the cake structure.