As the name goes, these r cookies loaded with milk n tastes milky. This topped with chocolate sauce perfectly balances the flavours in these cookies.
These will be half chewy n crunchy in texture as we r not using any leaveners. Also the sauce could be tripled in quantity if u wish to dunk the cookies all through. I have made just enough to coat one side of half the cookies n to drizzle over the remaining.
So let’s have some fun baking these Chocolate Milk cookies..
Chocolate Milk cookies recipe
- Unsalted butter – 115 gms.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/8 cup
- Milk powder – 1/8 cup
- Egg yolk – 1
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Hot chocolate/Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp.
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. if using hot chocolate/ 2 tbsp.if using Cocoa powder
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Take softened butter in a mixing bowl n add sugar, lemon zest to this n whisk till creamy.
- Add egg yolk, Vanilla essence n whisk further.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients flour, milk powder n salt into this n mix.
- Drop spoonful of the cookie dough onto Parchment lined baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 25-30 mins./ Till it feels hard to touch.
- To prepare the sauce take cocoa powder, sugar, butter n milk in a saucepan n cook on a low heat till it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Once the cookies r out of the oven, drizzle the Chocolate sauce over them or dunk the cookies in the sauce. Once the sauce dries out, keep refrigerated.