opcje binarne nauka I had a fancy for baking since the first time I saw a cooking session on television. But had to wait a long time to try my hands on baking.
source link When I was small I have seen my mom baking numerous cakes in the traditional round oven which was the only one available those days. Though I do not remember how those cakes tasted, I can very well recollect the happiness I felt on seeing the baked goodies. So here is my first cake recipe dedicating to my dear mom who I believe is the person that fueled the baking interest in me. –
Prep time: 15 mins; Cooking time: 25 mins
- Butter – 125 gms
- Caster sugar – 130 gms *
- All-purpose-Flour – 80 gms
- Cocoa powder – 30 gms
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Take the eggs in a bowl and add vanilla extract to it.
- Beat the eggs till they are light and fluffy.
- Soften the butter and sugar till it looks well combined and glossy.
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add a portion of the egg mix, to the batter.
- Slowly fold the mix together till it combines well.
- Now add the remaining egg mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Add milk and fold it well in a way that every ingredient is well incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer this batter in to a buttered and dusted cake tin.
- Bake at 180C for 25 mins.
- Check with a skewer. When well baked there should be no doughy remains on the skewer.
- Else bake for few more minutes till the skewer comes out clean.
- Wait till the cake is cooled before de-moulding to get clean slices.
- This cake can be baked in a cooker as well. Maintain the cooker at a low heat for 40-45 minutes.
- Normal white sugar could be used instead of caster sugar but it will need to be creamed well with the butter using an electric beater.
- Do not use beater once the dry ingredients are added to the batter.
- All the ingredients used for the cake should be at room temperature.
- Since we are not using any cake rising agents, eggs are the only leaveners. Hence beating the eggs to the right stage is very crucial. Eggs should be beat till it reaches a ribbon/string stage.
- Sieving the flour is also important as it incorporates a lot of air into the batter.
- For making a Vanilla Sponge Cake, replace Cocoa powder with an equivalent amount of All-purpose-flour.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before baking. If baking in a cooker, preheat the oven at the lowest heat for 10 mins.
see Recipe Steps:
1. Take the eggs in a bowl.
2. Add vanilla extract and beat them till they are light and fluffy.
3. Cream the butter and sugar till it looks light and glossy.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder to the butter-sugar mix.
5. Slowly add the fluffed egg mix to the batter.
6. Finally add the milk and fold everything together without any lumps.
7. Transfer the cake batter to a buttered and dusted pan.
8. Bake at 180C for 25 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Rest the sponge cake inside the oven at least for half an hour after baking. This helps the cake to slowly get to the room temperature, thus giving clean slices.
9. Below is a Vanilla Sponge Cake baked in a Cooker with the same recipe replacing Cocoa powder with All-Purpose Flour.