Having a stock of condensed milk at home can really help you make any sweet in a jiffy. As a kid I used to love milkmaid (Nestle), which was the only variety of condensed milk available those days. Every time my mom would buy it to make any sweet I used to be behind her just for a spoon full of it. Of course I haven’t changed…I still love it as much as I used to as a kid. The story I know would hold same for most people. So here’s dedicating the recipe of condensed milk to all those milkmaid lovers –
Condensed Milk Recipe
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Sugar – 90 gms
- Baking soda – A pinch
- Take the milk in a sauce pan and bring this to a boil.
- Add sugar and keep stirring till the quantity of milk reduces to almost half.
- Continue stirring till the colour of milk becomes slightly yellowish.
- At this point add baking soda.
- Addition of baking soda will create a froth and make the milk whitish.
- This white colour will slowly disappear with continuous stirring.
- Take the pan off the heat once the desired thickness is achieved.
- Store the condensed milk in an airtight container.
1. Bring the milk to boil.
2. Add sugar and stir till the quantity of milk reduces to almost half.
3. Keep stirring till the milk becomes yellowish.
4. Add baking soda. This will create a froth and make the milk whitish.
5. Keep stirring and take the pan off the heat once it reaches the desired thickness.
6. Store the condensed milk in an airtight container.