I have few friends who ask why it’s always dark chocolate in my recipes n never semi-sweet or white. That’s just my love for pure dark chocolate that makes me add it to any dessert possible.😊 So this one is for all those friends who hate dark chocolate n have a soft spot for the sweeter versions.
This is the recipe for easy to make Double chocolate cupcakes when Ur in a Serious chocolate mood. The cake in combo with cream cheese-chocolate Frosting is the perfect way to treat the chocolate lovers.
Double chocolate cupcakes
( 1 cup – 250ml.,1 tbsp – 15 ml.,1 tsp.- 5 ml.)
- Unsalted butter – 45 gms.( 3tbsp. approx.)
- All purpose flour – 1/2 + 1/8 cup
- Super fine sugar – 1/4 cup
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1/6 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
- Egg – 1 No.
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Cream cheese – 50 gms.
- White chocolate – 75 gms.
- Sieve the dry ingredients flour, Cocoa powder, baking powder n salt in a mixing bowl n mix to combine.
- Take egg in another small bowl n whisk lightly n keep aside.
- In a larger bowl whip together butter n sugar to make a creamy base.
- To this add the beaten egg n whip till well combined.
- Slowly add in the dry mix n milk in small batches n fold the batter till no floury patches remain.
- Finally dunk in the delicious chocolate chips 😋 n bring the batter together.
- Transfer small scoops of the cupcake batter into lined muffin moulds.
- Bake at 180C for for 20-25mins. till the cake is springy to touch.
- Now to make the frosting melt the white chocolate by double boiling (or microwave). Once cool add the cream cheese n whisk till smooth. We r not looking at a piping consistency so the frosting needn’t be thick.
- Pour the Icing over the cake n let it stand till the Icing sets. Serve immediately or refrigerated.