If ur looking for easy cookie ideas n a kiddie bake along, this is the one for u. It’s so simple that I got my 5yr. old to help me with all the prep. Gluten-free n yummy, Ur little ones r definitely gonna love to bake n eat these cookies .
With no leaveners used, this eggless ‘Gluten free Ragi Almond cookies’ is worth giving a try.
Gluten free Ragi Almond cookies
- Ragi flour- 60 gms.
- Unsalted Butter – 50 gms.
- Almond meal – 20 gms.
- Brown sugar – 35 gms. (30-35 gms.as per taste)
- Milk – 1/8 cup ( 1 tsp. used )
- Vinegar – 1/4 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp.
- Add vinegar to Milk n keep aside. We will be using just 1tsp. from this.
- Melt the butter using a double boiler and once melted take it off the heat.
- While the butter is still hot, add brown sugar and whisk till it melts. Adjust sugar as per taste.
- To this add Ragi flour n Almond meal n mix.
- To this add 1tsp. curdled milk and vanilla essence and combine to form a dough.
- The dough will be sticky to touch. Refrigerate for half an hour. By now the dough should be workable.
- Make desired shape using cookie cutters or make plain square or round shape. Take care to flatten each cookie as this is what will give the crunch to cookies. Else if u like soft centred cookies with a hard shell, do not flatten out the cookies completely.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 mins./till the cookies feel hard to touch. Once out of the oven n cool, store in an airlock container at room temperature.