Cream is an ingredient which is very versatile but with a low shelf life. A carton of cream once opened, needs to be used within few days, else goes stale.I did encounter the same trouble a couple of days back. That is when it struck me…. why not change its form and make it sour cream…this would retain the cream for few more days and help me make something out of it.
A humble cookie with a bit of sour cream tastes completely different. I just loved the mild tartness that the sour cream gave to the cookies. Just try out these golden crispies and lemme know if you guys felt the same too. 🙂
Golden crispies recipe:
Prep time: 10 mins.; Resting time: 30 mins.;
Cooking time: 20 mins.
- All-purpose-Flour – 100 gms
- Butter – 70 gms
- Icing Sugar – 40 gms
- Corn flour – 1 tsp.
- Sour cream – 1 tbsp.
- Demerara Sugar – For Coating
- Kewra essence – Few drops
- Take butter in a mixing bowl and add Icing sugar to this.
- Cream this well to get a smooth mix.
- Add sour cream and vanilla essence and combine.
- Now sift the All-purpose-flour and corn flour into the butter-sugar mix.
- Fold everything together.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for about half an hour to get a stiff dough.
- Once the dough is stiff enough and becomes non sticky, make shapes out of them.
- Take Demerara sugar on a tray and roll the cookies in it to thoroughly coat their surface.
- Lay the sugar coated cookies on a lined baking tray. ( The parchment paper and wrapping paper by “Oddy” is very good. This is what I use. You can find the link to the product on Amazon in this page.)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for 20 mins. /till the surface of the cookies turn slightly golden in colour.
- Golden crispies are ready to be served.
1. Take butter in a bowl.
2. Add Icing sugar to the softened butter and cream well.
3. To this, add sour cream and vanilla essence and combine.
4. Sift in the All-purpose-flour and corn flour into the butter-sugar mix and combine. Refrigerate for about 30 mins. /till the dough is non sticky and holds shape.
5. Take Demerara sugar in a plate.
6. Make desired shapes from the dough and coat them with the sugar.
7. Lay on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for 20 mins. / till the surface of the cookies turn golden in colour. Golden crispies are ready to be served.