http://fhlchristianministries.org/?encycloped=Part-time-jobs-east-surrey-hospital&741=a7 It was during my college days that I got to have the first taste of a Honey cake. We were a group of 5 besties and used to carry along any spl. treats made at home. One of the girl’s happened to bring with her a honey cake made by her mom and it was such a hit among us, so much so that we literally bickered for the final bits and pieces. 🙂
http://www.dalelast.com.au/piskodrele/firyue/3150 I do love the softness that honey imparts to any cake. Though I have tried out other variations of a honey cake, this is the one I liked the most. Adapted from Donna Hay’s cook book, though these cupcakes don’t overtly sing honey, it leaves behind a hint of honeyness after each bite. So here goes the recipe. –
site de rencontre gratuit.com Prep time: 10 mins.; Cooking time: 25 mins.
Serves: 14 cupcakes
- All-purpose-flour – 185 gms
- Caster sugar – 165 gms
- Butter – 125 gms
- Milk – 125 ml.
- Eggs – 2 Nos.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Take butter at room temperature in a mixing bowl.
- Add caster sugar and combine till it gets creamy.
- Add honey and blend well.
- Now add eggs and vanilla essence and whip with an electric beater to get a smooth batter.
- Now sift in the flour and baking powder to the batter.
- Fold till everything is well combined.
- At this stage the batter will look lumpy.
- Add milk and whisk till the batter is smooth. Do not use the electric beater for this as over whipping can make the cake dense.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin cups taking care to fill the cups just about3/4th.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160C for 20-25 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve as a snack or as a dessert.
- Keeps well for quite long if refrigerated.
- Avoid using electric beater after adding in the flour. Just plain hand mixing will do the job after this stage, or else there are chances of over mixing, thus forming tough and dense cupcakes.
enter Recipe steps:
1.Take butter in a bowl, add caster sugar to this and combine till it gets creamy.
2.Add honey and blend.
3.Now add eggs, vanilla essence and whip with an electric beater.
4.Sift in the flour and baking powder.
5.Fold till well combined. The batter would be lumpy at this stage.
6.Add milk and whisk till the batter gets smooth.
7.Spoon into lined muffin cups and transfer to a pre-heated oven.
8.Bake at 160C for 20-25 mins. /till the surface appears slightly golden and partly cracked.