http://salsiando.com/finelit/2536 Sounds like the name of a place doesn’t it..hmm..it did sound like one to me when I first heard the name as well.
binУЄre optionen video It was a couple of years back at a toddler’s birthday party that I happened to get the first taste of this Australian sweet treat. A table full of delicious treats – pastries, cookies, brownies, macaroons and….something that looked cakey and snow-flaky. Something I hadn’t seen before. A closer look and I could see the coconuty outer layer and with one bite I could clearly taste the chocolatey flavour coming through…so that’s what it was – A Cake covered in a beautiful cocoon of chocolate and coconut. I asked my friend (the party host) what the sweet was and she said it’s a Lamington… I lost my track right there…had never heard the name even once. Further research gave me all the needed info. about the Cakey Lamington. Since then I have been making them so often. Whenever I bake a cake, a portion of it goes into making the Lamingtons. So here’s the way I do the Lamingtons at home –
Prep time: 10 mins.
- Sponge Cake – cut into small cubes *
- Demerara Sugar – 40 gms*
- Cocoa powder – 10 gms
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Hot water – 50 ml.
- Desiccated coconut – For coating
- Take the sponge cake and cut them into small square pieces.
- Mix the Demerara sugar, Cocoa powder and Butter in a bowl.
- Add hot water to this and stir well to mix everything together.
- Keep this concoction aside.
- Spread the Desiccated Coconut in a tray.
- Dip the cake pieces thoroughly in the Sugar-Cocoa mix and roll in the Coconut spread.
- Keep all the coated Cake pieces on a wire rack till it sets.
- Serve as a dessert or with tea.
- Though Sponge cake is traditionally used for this recipe, you could very well try with other varieties of plain cakes.
- It is preferable to use a cake that is refrigerated for 4-5 hrs. This makes the cake pieces sturdy and less powdery.
- Normal sugar could be used in place of Demerara sugar. I just love the zing that Demerara sugar gives to the Cocoa-Butter syrup.
rencontre et mariage au canada Recipe Steps:
1. Mix the Demerara Sugar, Cocoa Powder & Butter in a bowl. Make a concoction by adding water to this.
2. Spread the desiccated coconut in a tray.
3. Dip the cake pieces thoroughly in the Sugar-Cocoa mix and roll in the Coconut spread.
4. Place the coated cake pieces on a wire rack till it sets.
5. Serve the Lamingtons with tea or as a dessert.