Yet another muffin that was custom made for a diet conscious couple. This is not a gluten free one, but uses only oil n egg whites in place of butter n whole eggs reducing the fat content to a large extent. Also the usage of Raspberry flavored yogurt gives the Muffin a fruity natural flavor.
I have not used Raspberries in the recipe as fresh ones r not readily available. You could always add up to 1/3 cup of fresh Raspberries to the batter n up the flavour. Try any variation with this batter using Ur favourite berries( Blueberries do equally taste good) n lemme know what u think.
So let’s get baking..👇
Low fat Raspberry Muffins recipe
( 1 cup – 240ml.,1 tbsp – 15 ml.,1 tsp.- 5 ml.)
- All purpose flour – 1 2/3 cup
- Raspberry flavored yogurt – 2/3 cup
- Super fine sugar – 1/2 cup
- Warm water – 1/4 cup
- Egg white – 3 eggs
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Allspice – 1 tsp.( Ginger + Cinnamon+Nutmeg pwdrs.)
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Raspberry/Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Sift the flour, soda, 1/2tsp.allspice n salt in a large mixing bowl.
- To this add 6tbsp.of the sugar, mix n keep aside.
- Mix the leftover sugar with the remaining 1/2tsp. allspice.
- In a smaller bowl take egg whites n whisk still slightly frothy.
- To this add oil, yogurt, Raspberry extract n whisk till well combined.
- Now add this wet mix into the dry batter n slowly fold with light hands.
- At this point mix in the warm water n finish the folding process. The batter would be slightly lumpy, which is completely fine.
- Now line a Muffin mould n fill the liners 2/3th with the batter.
- Sprinkle the Sugar-allspice mix over the muffins.
- Bakein a pre-heated oven at 180C for 25-30 mins./till golden, risen n firm to touch. Serve warm. If not using within a couple of days, store refrigerated.