This post is all about healthy eating n for all those people who say no to White flour. This Multi grain milk bread is all you need to start ur day on a healthy note.
For all those Vegans, u could skip using the milk n milk powder mentioned in the recipe. Milk could be replaced with equivalent quantity of water without affecting the taste of the loaf.
So here goes the recipe for nutritious Multigrain Milk bread.
Multigrain milk bread
- Whole wheat flour – 250gms.
- Milk – 1 cup (250 ml. luke warm)
- Ragi flour – 2 tbsp.
- Oat flour – 2 tbsp.
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp.
- Icing sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Yeast – 6 gms.(2 1/4 tsp. approx.)
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Add all the dry ingredients except yeast n salt to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- To one side of the mix add yeast n to the opposite end salt.
- Mix yeast well at one side of the mix without disturbing salt at the other end.
- Now mix salt at the other end of the flour mix.
- Once done add Oil n mix with hand.
Slowly add warm milk to flour 1/2 cup at a time n crumble the mix while bringing the dough together.
- Further add the remaining 1/2 cup luke warm milk n bring the dough together without any floury remains in the mixing bowl.
- Lay the bread dough on a floured counter top or a suitable working surface.
- Knead the dough by applying pressure with the heel of the hand n pushing the dough away from the body.
- Fold the extended portion back on to the dough n repeat the process for about 5 mins. thus releasing the gluten in the dough. If the dough feels very sticky u could sprinkle little amounts of flour inbw.
- Round up the dough n place in a well greased bowl for its first proofing. Cover with a cotton cloth n keep aside for approx.1 hour.
- After an hour the dough would have tripled in size.
- Lightly punch the dough n transfer it back on to floured counter top.
- With a light hand press the dough n spread out into a thick rectangular shape.
- Fold from both the edges towards the centre.
- Now flip the loaf n place in a well floured loaf tin(no need to grease the loaf tin). Cover with cotton cloth n leave this for its second proofing of approx. 45 mins. to 1 hr.
- The dough would have risen to about double the size after this proofing.
- Now bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 40-45 mins./till the bread appears lite brownish golden. A well baked bread would sound hollow while tapping at the base.