Here is a recipe you need to try if there r papaya haters at home. I myself am not a papaya lover, though eat them considering the nutritious value.
I had a very ripe Papaya that had no takers. So thot of making a tart filling out of it.
This Papaya Almond tart is a perfect surprise treat u could give ur little ones. So here’s how to go abt. it..
Papaya Almond tart
- All purpose flour – 130gms.
- Butter – 80gms.
- Caster sugar – 80gms.
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Almond – 45 gms.(1/4 cup)
- Papaya cubes – 160 gms.(1 1/4 cup)
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Take all purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Add baking powder to this n whisk thoroughly.
- Add cold cubes of butter to the flour and uniformly mix thus giving a crumbled base.
- Now add caster sugar and bring it all together to form a dough.
- Take a tart tin/cake tin. Spread the dough evenly over the tin maintaining uniform thickness throughout. Prick with a fork all over, to avoid the base puffing up while baking.
- Bake at 180C for 25-30 mins./till golden brown. There will still be butter bubbling on the surface of the base when done as there is good amount of butter in the mix. This will be soaked up by the base once outside the oven. While the base is in the oven baking, make the Papaya almond filling to go on top of the base. Blend Almond and sugar into a fine mix in a mixer jar. Further add all the remaining ingredients(Papaya ,corn flour, lemon juice n salt) and thoroughly blend to a smooth paste.
- Pour the batter on the prepared base and smooth out the surface.
- Further bake at 180C for 10-15 mins./till done.