enter When I have a stock of condensed milk in my pantry, hundreds of recipe ideas flash through my mind. It is such a versatile ingredient as far as desserts are concerned. From cakes to brownies to truffles, there’s nothing that is impossible to create when this sweet delight is around.
http://milehiproperty.com/?ki0oss=Open-a-stock-market-trading-account&480=eb I had a bunch of li’ll ones coming over in the evening, and wanted to make something that would bring an “I love that thing” smile on their faces. I kinda knew what to make, the moment I saw the sweet can. It had to be truffles, “the very sweet and delicious coconut balls.”
source You could very well use homemade condensed milk for a lighter version of the truffles. Since I was in a hurry, opted to go for the store bought one that I had a stock of.
So here goes the recipe for the tempting Pistachio crumbed coconut truffles.:
Prep time: 5 mins.; Cooking time: 5 mins.
Serves: 22 nos.
get link Ingredients:
- Desiccated coconut: 200 gms.
- Condensed milk: 400 gm. (1 tin)
- Pistachio powdered: For coating (Salted/unsalted)
- Desiccated coconut: For coating
- Cardamom: 1/2 tsp.
go site Method:
- Take a handful of pistachio in a pan.
- Dry roast the pistachio for a couple of minutes on low heat.
- Transfer to a mixer jar and blitz to a fine powder.
- Keep the pistachio crumb aside.
- Take the desiccated coconut ready for coating in another bowl.
- Take a wide bottom non-stick pan.
- Transfer the desiccated coconut, condensed milk and cardamom powder to the pan.
- Combine on the lowest heat till all the liquid evaporates.
- When it forms a single mass and starts leaving the sides and base of the pan, remove from heat and keep aside.
- While it is still warm, make the desired sized roundels.
- Coat few coconut truffles with powdered pistachio and few with desiccated coconut.
- Keep the readied truffles on a wire rack and let all the extra crumb fall down.
- Refrigerate until the time to serve.
- These truffles stay good for a week if refrigerated.
- Try to use fresh desiccated coconut for the recipe, since this is the main ingredient of the truffle.
- Using salted Pistachio gives a distinct flavour which I really liked. If you do not love experimenting with flavours, stick to unsalted pistachios.
- For an extra luscious truffle, you could dip them in melted chocolate/chocolate ganache.
go here Recipe steps:
1. Take Pistachios in a pan and dry roast them.
2. Transfer to a mixer and blitz to a fine powder.
3. Keep the powdered pistachio ready in a bowl.
4. Take the desiccated coconut ready for coating in another bowl.
5. Transfer the desiccated coconut, condensed milk and cardamom powder to a wide bottom non-stick pan.
6. Combine the mix on a low flame and let all the liquid evaporate.
7. When it forms a mass and starts leaving the sides of the pan take off the heat.
8. While it is still hot, make roundels and coat with pistachio crumbs and desiccated coconut. Keep on a wire rack and let all the extra crumb fall apart.
9. Refrigerate until the time to serve.