Another easy n satisfying recipe that is easy on the palate n light on the tummy. This could be made without much effort n enjoyed at any time of the day.
Using super ripe Banana gives the best result for this cake. So let’s go to the recipe… happy baking..😊
Simple Banana Cake
- Banana – 1 large ripe ( 80-100 gms.)
- Cake flour – 1 cup (100 gms.)
- Unsalted butter – 70 gms.
- Egg – 1 No.
- Sugar – 85 gms.
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp.( Milk cream)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp.(heaped)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Icing sugar – For the final coat
- Take fresh cream n add lemon juice to this n mix. Keep this aside. This is sour cream.
- Add banana, sugar, egg, sour cream n vanilla essence to a mixer jar n blend till smooth.
- Sift the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, baking powder n salt into a mixing bowl. Add softened butter n half of the blended mix to this n whip till creamy.
- Further add the remaining wet banana mix in 2 additions whipping thoroughly after each addition.
- Give a final fold to bring the mix together n add the lemon zest.
- Pour into a dusted n greased 6″ cake tin.
- Bake at 180 C for approx. 40 mins./till the cake springs back to touch.
- Give a final dusting of Icing sugar n serve.