This is yet another mid-evening snack that is close to my heart. It is that time of a day when I love to have something yummy and filling and this perfectly slides into that category.
It was in my Cooker that I first happened to make this and “guess what!!….it was spot on!!!” There was a time when I used to get ready to bake a cake, but end up making muffins. 🙂 So..u could very well call this muffin a quick assemble cake.
So here’s the recipe for this very easy Strawberry Choco chip Muffins. –
Strawberry Choco chip Muffins Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins.; Cooking time: 25 mins.;
Serves: 6 Muffins
(Have taken 1 cup=240 ml.)
- All-purpose-flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 120 ml.
- oil – 30 ml.
- Egg – 1
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Choco chips – 25 gms
- Strawberry jam – Topping
- Take the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt to this.
- Take milk in another bowl.
- Add oil and egg to the milk and combine.
- Now add the wet mix to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Roughly fold everything together without over mixing.
- The final batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Fill half the cups and garnish with Choco chips.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the Choco chip layer and top with the left over Choco chips and Strawberry jam.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 25 minutes or till the muffins turn a golden brown colour.
- Make muffins only when there are no distractions around. 🙂
Prep. time is very important. for muffins. Keep the wet and dry ingredients separately ready to mix. By now the oven should be pre-heated to 200C. Combine the dry and wet ingredients just roughly-do not try to make the batter smooth, as this will lead to over-mixing and result in dense muffins. Immediately transfer the lumpy batter to the muffin cups and over to the pre-heated oven for baking.
- To this muffin base you could add berries or dates or the fillings of your choice.
- Muffin batter could be poured into a cake tin and cooker baked. Once ready, the desired shapes could be made using cookie cutters.
1. Take all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and combine well.
2. Take the wet ingredients milk, oil and egg in another bowl and whisk everything together.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and pour the wet ingredients into this.
4. Fold until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into a muffin tray/cups till they are half full and sprinkle the Choco chips over the batter.
6. Spoon the remaining dough over the Choco chip layer and give a final garnish with Strawberry jam and Choco chips.
7. Transfer to a pre-heated oven at 200C for 25 mins. /till the muffins turn a golden brown colour.