A Trifle is a mix n match of humble ingredients that could up the level of an ordinary dessert into gourmet level.
If u have few bits n pieces of cakes, biscuits n fruits handy, n in no mood to bake, Trifle pudding is definitely the one to try. Had been planning to make a Trifle pudding from sometime, but was short of resources for it n dint want to bake a cake just for the sake of making a Trifle.
I happened to make a pastry yesterday. So made a small sponge cake with the leftover batter. This layered with custard, cubed apples n topped with whipped cream, got a delicious Trifle all ready to devour.( Btw I had leftover whipped cream only to fill one dessert cup..the one topped with pink n the rest was topped with the remaining custard)
If u have few ingredients handy, Trifle pudding is just an assembling job. Here goes the recipe for delicious Trifle pudding.
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Sugar – 100 gms.
- Custard powder – 35 gms.
- Unsalted butter – 20 gms.
- Sponge cake – 50 gms. cubed
- Apple – 1 cubed
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Whipping cream
- Transfer the custard into a mixing bowl, add butter n whisk.
- Once the custard gets to room temperature add vanilla essence, whisk n keep aside.
- Now it’s just the assembling part. While the custard is getting cooled, cut the apples n cake into small cubes. Also whip the whipping cream into stiff peaks n keep it refrigerated.
- Start assembling the Trifle pudding by layering the base with a spoonful of custard. Further top with cake cuts n apple cubes on top.
- Repeat this layering twice again with custard-cake-apple. N finally top up with whipped cream n add a dash of jam on top. Serve chilled. I could make 5 mini Trifle puddings with the above measurements.