go I love Ice-cream. .well…who doesn’t rite. But if what you love so much comes with all these added Emulsifiers, Stabilisers, Artificial flavourings, Colouring agents and what not…huh.. ..it gets quite depressing and scary. So it’s more of the additives that we consume than the actual milk and cream.
source link I never would’ve bothered about all these a few years back. It was only after my little son started indulging in such treats that it started hitting home. So like every other mom, I am extra cautious about what goes into his teeny-tiny tummy. So for all you moms out there, here’s a recipe that’s actually just milk and cream –
Prep time: 15 mins.; Cooking time: 10 mins.
rencontre plus 20 ans Ingredients
- Milk – 500 ml.
- Condensed milk – 150 ml. *
- Whipped cream – 300 ml. *
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp.
- Milk – 2 tbsp. (To mix cornflour)
- Sugar – 3 tsp. *
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Take milk in a sauce pan and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Mix cornflour in 2 tbsp. milk (room temp.).
- Add the cornflour solution to the simmering milk.
- Keep stirring the milk till the cornflour solution infuses very well without any lumps.
- When the milk reduces and has a slightly thick consistency, remove the sauce pan off the heat.
- Transfer the milk to another bowl kept at room temperature.
- Half fill a bowl with ice cubes.
- Keep the milk bowl over this ice bath and whip with an electric beater for a minute.
- Now add condensed milk and continue creaming the mix with the beater.
- Once well combined, add in the whipped cream and fold the mix together.
- Transfer the ice-cream into the desired container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Once the ice-cream is semi-set, remove from the freezer and whip again till you get a creamy texture and the ice crystals are no more.
- Now store in an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Tasty vanilla ice-cream is ready to be served.
- The condensed milk and whipped cream I have used are home made.
- The amount of sugar to be added in the ice-cream will vary if using store bought condensed milk & whipped cream.
1. Bring the milk to boil in a sauce pan. Add sugar to the milk and simmer for a couple of minutes.
2. Dissolve 1 tbsp. corn flour in 2 tbsp. milk.
3. Pour this mix into the simmering milk.
4. Keep stirring till the cornflour is well dissolved without any lumps and the milk reduces till it is a little thick in consistency.
5. Now take ice cubes in a bowl and keep the milk bowl on this ice bath. Add vanilla extract to the milk and start whipping with an electric beater.
7. Transfer the Ice-cream into the desired container and freeze for a couple of hours.
8. Once semi-set, take out from the freezer and whip again to break the ice crystals. Refreeze overnight and serve the tasty Vanilla ice-cream.