Back to baking n m here with the recipe for delicious spongy Warm almond cake. As the name goes, here is an almond cake that tastes delectable when right out of the oven or when served with hot chocolate sauce. Either way this one tastes yummy.
Yet again my favourite ingredient to incorporate in any dessert- Almonds.. Try out this one if you r an almond lover too…
(1cup – 250 ml)
- Unsalted butter – 125 gms.
- Brown/white sugar – 1.5 cups
- Eggs – 3 Nos.
- Sour cream – 1 cup
- Almonds coarsely ground – 3/4 cup
- Maida – 1.25 cups
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Take butter in a mixing bowl n whip till white & creamy.
- Add sugar and further whip till we’ll combined.
- Add egg yolks and and cream together.
- Further add sour cream and whip to a smooth consistency.
- Now put in the dry ingredients ; coarsely ground almonds, maida, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Cream together to get a thick batter.
- Whip up the egg whites till they form stiff peaks.
- Finally add the whipped up egg whites to this batter and fold with uniform movements with a spatula till the batter gets smooth and even.
- Pour into a greased and dusted cake tin and bake at 180C for 30-40 mins./ till well done and golden.
- Serve warm as it is or with chocolate/Nutella sauce.