Of all the areas that Globalization has truly affected, it’s the food industry that has undergone the biggest transformation. Every other day one can find food outlets pop up in different parts of the country serving global cuisine. Gone are those days when you ask for Cheese and feel content with a pack of Paneer. Now you have every other variety ranging from Ricotta to Parmesan to Mascarpone available at supermarkets…. So..why not we do a global classic as well…So today it’s an American Classic that we are recreating – The Whoopie Pie.
A Whoopie pie is typically something between a cookie and cake – Hard crusted like a cookie and soft centered like a cake. The taste of the Whoopie pie will vary depending on the filling used.
So here is the recipe of Whoopie pie –
Prep time: 10 mins.; Cooking time: 8-10 mins.
- All-purpose-flour – 75 gms
- Sugar – 35 gms
- Demerara sugar – 30 gms
- Cocoa powder – 15 gms
- Yogurt – 25 ml.
- Oil – 15 ml.
- Egg – 1
- Baking soda – A pinch
- Salt – A pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
Smash day - Tecniche di Trading. arrondir fins de mois follow site Il lettore avrà, finalmente, la possibilità di accedere ai segreti dei più Method
- Sift the Flour, Cocoa powder, Baking soda and salt into a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the Egg, Sugar, Demerara sugar, Yogurt, Oil and Vanilla essence till the mixture is well combined.
- To this slowly add in the entire flour mix and fold till all the ingredients are well combined in the batter.
- By now the batter should be thick enough in a way that it doesn’t spread much on piping.
- If not add a little more flour to adjust the consistency of the dough.
- Pipe the mix on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10 mins. in a pre-heated oven.
- Check the readiness of the pie by feeling on its surface. It should spring back when touched.
- If you are baking more than 1 batch, refrigerate the rest of the dough while the first batch is in the oven.
go Vanilla Cream cheese frosting Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins.
- Cream cheese – 2 tbsp.*
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Icing Sugar – 4 tbsp.
- Salt – A pinch
- Vanilla essence – Few drops.
- Take the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and whip till creamy.
- Add icing sugar, salt and vanilla essence and combine well with the cream cheese-butter mix.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- Stays fresh for about 3-4 days.
- I have used home-made cream cheese.
- This filling should be sweet, as the pie shells are not very sweet.
1.Ingredients at a glance.
2. Sift the Flour, Cocoa powder, Baking soda and salt into a bowl and keep aside.
3. Whisk the Egg, Sugar, Demerara sugar, Yogurt, Oil and Vanilla essence till the mixture is well combined.
4. Slowly add in the entire flour mix and fold till all the ingredients are well combined in the batter.
5. Pipe the mix on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 180C for 8-10 mins. in a pre-heated oven. I used a scoop instead of a piping bag as it helps in getting uniform sized shells.
6. When done the pie should spring back when touched.
http://ev-kirche-ergste.de/?debilews=dating-cafe-events-berlin&16a=75 Vanilla cream cheese frosting
7. Take the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and whip till creamy.
9. Keep refrigerated.
http://www.judithschlosser.ch/?ityrew=esempi-di-opzioni-digitali&da3=b7 Assembling the Pie
10. Place a small portion of the filling in between 2 Whoopie pie shells and serve.
11. Once the Whoopie pies are filled, they need to be refrigerated as the filling could go stale. Alternately the pies may be filled just before serving.