With Zucchini n Almond as the main players involved, this could easily be given a place in the breakfast domain.
The brown sugar could be replaced with regular white sugar. As v r using oil n not butter, this cake would b moist. Also Zucchini being a watery veggie, imparts an extra moistness to this loaf.
So let’s check out the recipe for all natural Zucchini Almond breakfast loaf.
Zucchini Almond breakfast loaf recipe
Cake Flour – 170 gms.
Grated Yellow Zucchini – 225 gms.
Roughly ground toasted almonds- 75 gms.
Brown / white sugar -165 gms.
Oil – 1/2 cup (125 ml.)
Eggs – 2 nos.
Baking soda – 1 tsp.
Mixed spice powders(cinnamon, clove, ginger) – 1 tsp.
Salt -1/4 tsp.
- Take eggs in a mixing bowl n whip till frothy.
- To this add sugar, oil n whip till well combined.
- Add grated Zucchini n further whip to get a uniform batter..
- Now add all the dry ingredients along with allspice n combine into the batter without any floury remains.
- Now transfer the batter into a greased n dusted square cake tin n bake at 180C for 40-45 mins./till the loaf springs back to touch. I have used a cookie cutter in the middle of the cake tin to get an appearance of a tube loaf. A plain cake tin could be used.
- The Zucchini Almond breakfast loaf tastes best when consumed within a couple of days.