Again a recipe that I did for a fest long time back. Blondie, a kin of brownie is equally delicious n has a distinct set of lovers. Esp. there r people who don’t like brownies but goes for blondies. It’s all to do with the lighter caramel flavour of the blondie that it gets from the brown sugar.
This is an eggless version of Lemony Walnut blondie n uses Flax seeds(a.k.a. Flax egg) to compensate the lack of eggs. Ground flax seeds when soaked in water becomes gelatinous n gives body to the blondie similar to wat is imparted by the eggs. This also works beautifully for brownies, fudges, Brookies n all those desserts that r a bit on the denser side. I have tried these in cakes but was not satisfied with the end product as they turned out heavier than normal cakes. So let’s leave cakes for now n make blondies…?
You could also check out the recipe for Almond blondie that I’ve shared earlier. So let’s get baking..??
Eggless lemony Walnut blondie Recipe
( 1 cup – 250ml.,1 tbsp – 15 ml.,1 tsp.- 5 ml.)
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup ( 115 gms. approx.)
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts roughly chopped – 1/4 cup
- Lemon zest – 1 tbsp.
- Flax seeds powdered – 1/2 tbsp.
- Water – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Almond extract – Few drops (optional)
- To begin with let’s grind the flax seeds to a fine powder(almost fine). Take 1/2 tbsp. of the powder in a bowl n store the remaining in an airtight container refrigerated for future use. Add 1 1/2 tbsp.water to this, stir n keep in the refrigerator for this to set n get gelatinous.
- Now take butter n sugar in a heat proof bowl n double boil to melt the butter completely.
- Now take this off the heat n whisk to melt the sugar.
- To this add the lemon zest, flour, baking powder n salt. Whisk to combine.
- By now the flax seeds would’ve got thicker n this is called flax egg. Add flax egg, chopped walnuts n combine with the blondie batter. At this point add Almond essence(if using).
- Pour into a lined n greased cake tin n bake at 180C for 25-30 mins / till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cut into bars n store in an airtight container refrigerated.