My kitchen runs on a very basic rule. Whenever it’s a no bake deal, it better b quick n easy.😁 So when I saw this pudding recipe on TV the other day, was super excited as it had just a couple of ingredients n a tempting result.
As it’s said, sometimes the simplest of recipes yield the best of results. So this is one such Pudding. I had infact planned on sharing a Cheese cake recipe this week. But then was a little held up with other baking engagements n took up this easy peasy Pudding recipe.
The original version uses saffron n chopped Pistachios. Since I dint have either of these, have just used few chopped Almonds for garnish. You could add a pinch of Saffron to up the flavour n Pistachios/other nuts for the Nutty bite. So let’s get going.
Quick 2 ingredient Vanilla pudding recipe
( 1 cup – 250ml.,1 tbsp – 15 ml.,1 tsp.- 5 ml.)
- Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup( Vanilla flavour)
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup*
- Pistachio/Almond chopped – 5 to 6 ( For garnish)
* The resulting Pudding will be sweet. So u could always reduce 1-2 tsps. of condensed milk to suit Ur taste.
- Take Yogurt n Condensed milk in a small bowl n whisk to combine. I have used Vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt by Epigamia.
- Take small muffin moulds or any available small moulds n grease thoroughly with ghee.
- Pour the pudding batter upto 3/4th of the moulds.
- Steam in a steamer for about 15 mins./until the pudding looks set. The pudding will be bulged n look all swollen. Immediately out of the steamer it will start shrinking n get to it’s original size as shown below.👇
- Remove from the steamer n once warm enough to handle, run a knife carefully around the sides of the pudding without breaking it. De mould onto serving plates n garnish with Chopped nuts. Can be served warm but tastes best when chilled.