Just 3 ingredients n the perfect treat to celebrate this festive season. This brafi could be made just in a matter of 15 mins. thus making this my go to treat in recent times.
I have used fresh home made Almond meal for this barfi although u could use store bought Almond meal (peeled Almond powder) n stay away from the effort of blanching n powdering Almonds.
So this one is for all my friends who have been asking me to post a recipe for no-bake quick cook treats. Enjoy..?
Quick Almond barfi recipe
- Condensed milk – 160 gms.
- Almond – 90 gms.
- Dessicated coconut – 10 gms. approx.( For coating)
The above mentioned quantity would make 12 medium sized Almond barfis.
- First the almonds need to be blanched. For that bring water to a rolling boil n add almonds to this n boil for just 1 minute.( Do not boil Almonds for more than 1 minute)
- Drain immediately n clean under running water. The peel of Almond would be shriveled by now n will easily come off.
- Air dry the Almonds. Powder the Almonds finely n store in an airtight jar. This process will take typically atleast half a day to dry out naturally. So if u want to immediately make barfi ( the way I did), move to the next step.
- Alternately, if ur in a hurry just put the Almonds in a non stick pan n dry out all the moisture over the lowest heat. It takes only about a couple of minutes to do this.
- Grind the Almonds to a fine powder.
- Transfer to a non-stick pan along with condensed milk.
- Simmer on the lowest heat for approx.8-10 mins. till the barfi separates into a mass n doesn’t stick any more to the pan.
- Remove the pan from heat n while still in the pan cut into equal sized portions.
- Take dessicated coconut in a bowl n put the barfi roundles into it. Coat all over with coconut. Serve.