‘Any matter however trivial that may be should reach the right audience.’ These wordings go so well for this recipe of mine. These condensed milk cookies are sweet just enough to feel the sugar present in the Cookies. So if u do not have a sweet tooth just like my little one, these Wholewheat Almond oat cookies r perfect for u.
This one is the recipe for simple, low sugar, wholesome n crumbly Wholewheat Almond oat cookies. These are low on sugar n is a perfect accompaniment at tea times.. Dunk in milk chocolate bits/equivalent quantity of sugar to increase the sweetness of the cookies.
The condensed milk that I have used in this recipe is the Instant condensed milk recipe by Veena Azmanov. You can check the recipe here https://veenaazmanov.com/homemade-condensed-milk-in-5-minutes/ This is a no fail recipe n can be done in under 5 mins. You could as well use the readymade condensed milk or traditional way of making it. Check out my recipe for the same here. http://dessertdelicacies.com/condensed-milk/ The only difference being that this instant recipe when compared to the readymade one uses milk powder which adds on to the taste of our cookies.
So here’s how v do it..
Whole wheat Almond oat cookies recipe
- Butter – 50 gms.
- Condensed milk – 60 gms
- Whole wheat flour – 40 gms.
- Rolled Oats – 35 gms.
- Almonds – 50 gms.
- Baking soda – 2 pinches
- Vinegar – 1tsp.
- Milk chocolate/Sugar – 15 gms.(optional)
- Icing sugar – For the final coat
- In a mixer make Almonds n rolled oats to a fine powder. ( If adding sugar, add at this stage n grind).
- Take butter n condensed milk at room temperature in a wide mixing bowl n whisk till creamy.
- To this add the ground Almond-oat powder n mix to combine.
- Further add whole wheat flour, baking soda n vinegar to get the dough rounded. ( If adding milk chocolate, add at this stage)
- If sticky refrigerate the dough till it gets workable. Now make small roundels n slightly flatten these. Place in a baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins./ Till the cookies feel firm to touch. Dust with Icing sugar n serve.