Now here is the recipe for pure Coffee n cocoa goodness. With no leaveners or maida, this one is pure natural cookie goodness leaving no after taste of any raising agents.
So let’s c how to go abt. making this delicious treat.
Wholewheat Coffee cookies recipe
(1 cup – 240ml.)
- Unsalted butter – 85 gms.
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/3 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Coffee powder – 1tsp.(instant)
- Hot water – 1/8 cup
- Add instant coffee powder to a cup n mix this in hot water. Keep aside to cool.
- Take softened Butter on a mixing bowl n whisk till creamy.
- Add powdered sugar to the butter n further whisk thoroughly to get a smooth mix.
- To this add coffee concoction n lightly whisk. The butter will not mix which is totally fine.
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder, salt n combine with spatula to get an even mix.
- Keep refrigerated for abt. 1/2 hour for the mix to get workable. Make small balls n arrange on a baking tray with sufficient spacing. The balls will still be sticky which is totally fine.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins.till the Cookies are well spread out n is firm/ almost firm to touch. Once out of the oven the cookies will still harden so do not worry if the cookies feel a little soft to touch.
- Store in an airtight container.