I had planned on making Wholewheat Carrot Honey cupcake using only whole wheat flour with honey n no cake flour/sugar. But then the trial version so made turned out not so grt.n a portion of cake flour added made the final product way softer n tastier.
Here’s the recipe for guilt free naturally sweetened Wholewheat Carrot Honey cupcakes that u can happily munch on.
Wholewheat Carrot cupcake recipe
(1 cup – 250 ml.)
- Whole wheat flour – 62 gms.(1/2 cup)
- Cake Flour – 50 gms.(1/2 cup)
- Carrot shredded – 100gms.
- Lemon juice – 1/8 cup
- Egg – 1 No.
- Butter melted – 70 gms.
- Honey – 125 gms.
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp.(or vanilla essence – 1tsp.)
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Take shredded Carrots in a mixing bowl n add lemon juice to it.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl n whisk thoroughly.
- Melt the butter using a double boiler.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whip to get a creamy texture￼￼.
- Now pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 25-30 mins./till the cupcakes spring back to touch. Makes 10 cupcakes.